Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Job variables to control task parameters
Johnny
Hi Guys,
I dont see how it can be done, but ill ask anyway.
Is there any way to use job variables ( which could be changed during the course of the job ) to set the fields in a submit / update task, or any task really.
Essentially i want a workflow that can sync one branch based on another ( normally to deal with sub branches ).
I want to set the fields of an update task
<areavpath v = ""/>
<srcareavpath v=""/>
based on the values of job variables that were set in a previous cgi task.
This would be good because the user can select how to sync the branches, and then utilise the conflict resolution screen that the updatetask provides.
Id rather do that than run a clt to update the task as id need the user to resolve the conflicts.
Any ideas?... Can anyone see of a better way to do this, because i dont this a job spec can be dynamic like this.
I think the only way is to have a specific workflow where the sync variables are determined with the initiation screen ( form variables ) and then set in stone that way.
Thanks!
John Cuiuli
Sydney, Australia
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnjamesmarsh
I have done some thing very similar but I resorted to using external tasks. I have a CGI task as the first task as this will run and get all the required info from the user then a series of external tasks that set and modify job variables. I have to have my own conflict resolution screen too (who said re-use).
I like the sound of what your trying to do and will be very interested to see if anyone has an answer.
Adam Stoller
As was already mentioned - you could set Job Variables in the workflow and have an externaltask use TeamSite::WFtask::GetArea() and SetArea() - but I don't currently see an interface for setting the srcareavpath - so I've filed a feature request for it: # 42907 - feel free to contact Interwoven Support to register interest in this request.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Johnny
Thanks Fish!
It would be great to see some flexibility in this area.
John Cuiuli
Sydney, Australia