Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Set a Report Parameter from Query Result
Woodquill
I am working on a report and my Javascript skills a really rusty. Especially for someone that used to teach that language.
Anyway .. I have 3 Report Parameters the user selects a Year and a Quarter. Based on that selection 4 different tables are accessed. One of them returns an integer that is the week in the quarter to use as the baseline for other calculations.
How do I take the result of that query and set a Report parameter "Baseline_Week" that will be used in quering the cost forecast table to get a baseline forecast
Thanks in advance
Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
EricB
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Woodquill'" data-cid="97322" data-time="1331048772" data-date="06 March 2012 - 08:46 AM"><p>
I am working on a report and my Javascript skills a really rusty. Especially for someone that used to teach that language.<br />
<br />
Anyway .. I have 3 Report Parameters the user selects a Year and a Quarter. Based on that selection 4 different tables are accessed. One of them returns an integer that is the week in the quarter to use as the baseline for other calculations. <br />
<br />
How do I take the result of that query and set a Report parameter "Baseline_Week" that will be used in quering the cost forecast table to get a baseline forecast<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
Mike<br /></p></blockquote>
If I understand correctly, here's one way to approach it: take the Data Set that returns the integer and bind that to a Table in the Report Layout. This table does not need to display anything... it's only there to make the data easily accessible to child data sets. Then nest a Table that uses the Cost Forecast dataset. In the nested table's Data Set Parameter Binding, you can take the week from the parent table's row and pass that as a parameter to the Cost Forecast dataset. <br />
<br />
Hope that helps,<br />
<br />
Eric