Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Thumbnail browser
Maninder_IBM
I received a version of the thumb nail browser and I can't get it to work. It allows users select images from a browser where they can preview the image as a thumb nail first. I have the ipl and can't get it to run. I am getting an Internal Server Error. anyone used this or know what I am doing wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Please provide more information:
What version of TeamSite (including patches and service packs)
What OS is the TeamSite server running on (including version info)
What OS is the client interface running on (including version info)
What browser is being used (vendor/version)
Perhaps you could also post, as an attachment, the perl script?
One of the folks I'm working with recently found that an image browser UI that works from a client running W2K does *not* work from a client running WXP (Solaris server - TeamSite 5.5.2 SP2b + patches) - so the client platform could have a lot to do with it ....
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
java program.txt
Maninder_IBM
1. We are running TeamSite version 5.5.2 service pack 2b.
2. TeamSite is running on a Windows 2000 machine.
3. I am currently using Windows NT Service pack 4.
4. Browser is IE version 6 Sp1.
Maninder_IBM
There is also a size.pm file that came with it.
Adam Stoller
I, personally, don't have time to look at this right now - but can you also provide information about *how* you are trying to use this? Is this a custom menu item, a cgi-callout in a DCT, a cgitask in a workflow, something else?
Also - have you checked the IWHOME/local/logs/iwui/error_log ? You might find more detailed information about what's happening in there. Alternatively, add the following to the script:
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
and then the error information may get printed to the cgi window rather than requiring you to go ferret through the logfile.
Good luck - hopefully someone out here may be able to assist you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Maninder_IBM
Thanks for your advice fish!
Maninder_IBM
I am trying to use this as a cgi callout in a DCT.
jbonifaci
One quick question, in your installation is iw-home located at c:\iw-home?
Maninder_IBM
Yes it is.
jbonifaci
I just tried it out and got it to work right away. The only change I needed to make was to update the path to iwperl, but if TS is installed in c:\iw-home, you shouldn't have to do this.
Can you post the item from your DCT that is making the callout? Also, include the directory that imagebrowser.ipl is located in.
Thanks,
Jeff Bonifaci
Maninder_IBM
Jeff,
Here is the item,
<item name="StoryImage">
<label>Story Image</label>
<text required="t" size="60">
<cgi-callout url="
http://ukcdcent22/iw-bin/imagebrowser.ipl
" label="image browse" window-features="width=500,height=300,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes"/>
</text>
</item>
Imagebrowser.ipl is located in,
C:\iw-home\httpd\iw-bin
jbonifaci
try it with:
<cgi-callout url="/iw-bin/imagebrowser.ipl" label="image browse" window-features="width=500,height=300,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes"/>
and see what happens.
Also, have you made any modifications to the script that you posted or is it the current version you are using? If the above doesn't work and it is the same version, I'm out of ideas.
Maninder_IBM
Yeah, that's what I tried before. As for the script, well I think it is the original. Could it be something to do with our branching structure? What sort of branching structure are you using? What version of TS are you running?
jbonifaci
5.5.2 with the latest service packs. Looking at the script your branching structure should not matter. If you didn't already, telnet to your server and try doing 'iwperl -c C:\iw-home\httpd\iw-bin\imagebrowser.ipl', if you're missing any modules it will tell you.
If it doesn't give any errors, try running it from the command line, see if it gives any errors, or just outputs html.
If you still aren't seeing any errors, try changing the contents of the file (make sure you have a copy) to:
#!C:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print qq{
<html>
<head>
<title>Thumbnails</title>
</head>
<body>
<p>Please click on an image in the table to select it for your DCR. Or click on the link to navigate the directories.<p>
</body>
</html>
};
and try the callout that way. If that works and the main script doesn't, then there is definitely something funky in the script that doesn't like your environment.
Maninder_IBM
Thanks Jeff. I have just used the following and it has worked, however I still get internal server errors when I navigate to other directories.
<item name="StoryImage">
<label>Story Image</label>
<text required="t" size="60">
<cgi-callout url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/imagebrowser.ipl" label="image browse" window-features="width=500,height=300,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes"/>
</text>
</item>
jbonifaci
Maninder,
Try adding this line somewhere at the top of your script:
my $me = $ENV{SCRIPT_NAME};
And then search for the text '/iw-bin/imagebrowser.ipl' and replace it with '$me', without the quotes. This should be on two lines, 157 and 168 (it was lines 156 and 167 before I added the other line above).
Try that and let me know if it works.
Jeff
Maninder_IBM
Thanks for that Jeff, unfortunately it's not making any difference. I still get Internal server errors when I click on the directories.
jbonifaci
Just for kicks, try the attached imagebrowser.ipl and see if you still have the same problem. I had the exact same problem you did when I actually clicked on the links. The above solution resolved this.
Jeff
Maninder_IBM
Jeff I am getting an error "could not determine program name is PATH_INFO is null" asy ideas?
jbonifaci
I had to make a small adjustment to the script because you are using cgi wrapper and I wasn't. Use the modified script attached and that error should go away.
Jeff
Maninder_IBM
Thanks Jeff that working fine now. What was the problem, why were the links failing?
jbonifaci
I was using SCRIPT_NAME, which worked fine for me because I wasn't using cgi_wrapper. But since you were using cgi_wrapper, the script name was coming up as /iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi instead of /iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/imagebrowser.ipl. So the error you were getting was from not passing a script name to cgi_wrapper. I just changed it to use SCRIPT_URL instead and this has the full path of /iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/imagebrowser.ipl.
Maninder_IBM
Well thanks for all that helped on this one!
Migrateduser
Do you know where I can get a copy of this code from ?
Sounds like just what I'm looking for.
I've looked on devnet and support for it, but couldn't find it.
Thanks
Maninder_IBM
I got a copy of one of the guys that was doing a demo at the user group a few weeks ago.
I have attached the code. Good luck!