Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Design Report Using Virtual Tables
onyema
Is it possible to design a report using virtual tables or views? Users want to be able to create their own reports using BIRT. Since they do not need access to see all tables, I created a view containing all the data they will need to generate their reports. However, I do not know how to restrict them to seeing and using only that view.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Couldn't it be done on the DB side?
onyema
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="97443" data-time="1331228234" data-date="08 March 2012 - 10:37 AM"><p>
Couldn't it be done on the DB side?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I verified with my DBA, and the answer is, yes it can. I am new to BIRT so I used the Help documentation to help me configure the data source connection. Everything worked fine. Thank you for the tip.