Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic data source connection
Raghuram
Hi,
I have requirement need to connect sybase database. User can use their own credentials for connect database.
those details are stored at one configuration file. From Application can able to connect db using java code.
Now same way I want use for reports with same java code. so please any body can help me out, how to access and with detail steps.
Regards,
raams.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
BIRT has a scripted dataSource where you can call your java class to collect your data, then use script to step through your data and create your dataSet. If you go to the devShare and search "POJO", you'll find many examples of connecting to java files to gather data. Hope this helps.
Raghuram
Thanks Williams for your reply.
That is correct, but I have to create so many data sets. Instead of datascript if I use JDBC dataset it is very easy. For that I have created JDBC data source with hardcoded values(driverclass,driver url, user, pwd) and all required JDBC datasets. So now I required to change instead of datasource hardcoded values, get it dynamically.
let me know here I can write java code for getting JDBC data source values, if it is possible how can access with clear steps any sample file please.
Regards,
Raams.