Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
A warning/prompt while generating report
Junior_Brg
Hello, everybody!
I have a problem with report generating.
there's a trouble when I open the page that contains my report. (It doesn't happen always)
The message shown in a prompt is the following:
Prompt: "Transient report has timed out. Do you want to re-run the report?"
This prompt has two options: "cancel" or "continue".
The point is: I need to set continue always (for this message don't be shown anymore), or cancel this kind of warning.
Have somebody any idea to solve this problem?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DavidGress
Hi,<br />
<br />
I'm getting this message also. Did you ever find out what the issue is? I never get any data back and each time I say retry I get the same message.<br />
<br />
Anyone else getting this message? I'm using the demo application presented in the JSAPI section of the demos.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Dave Gress<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Junior_Brg'" data-cid="97467" data-time="1331304178" data-date="09 March 2012 - 07:42 AM"><p>
Hello, everybody!<br />
<br />
I have a problem with report generating.<br />
there's a trouble when I open the page that contains my report. (It doesn't happen always)<br />
<br />
The message shown in a prompt is the following: <br />
<br />
Prompt: "Transient report has timed out. Do you want to re-run the report?"<br />
This prompt has two options: "cancel" or "continue".<br />
<br />
The point is: I need to set continue always (for this message don't be shown anymore), or cancel this kind of warning.<br />
<br />
Have somebody any idea to solve this problem? <br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
You might take a look at the transient timeout settings in the web.xml.
tfpDave
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108877" data-time="1346109708" data-date="27 August 2012 - 04:21 PM"><p>
You might take a look at the transient timeout settings in the web.xml.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks. I'm increasing EXECUTE_REPORT_WAIT_TIME to 60 and see how that works.<br />
<br />
My reports data source is a stored procedure. I noticed that on the third try it returned the data under the previous timeout of 20.
mwilliams
Is the second statement an update to the post saying you had issues when doing this? Let me know.
DavidGress
Actually, I changed it ot 300. The changed worked for me. The report finished without the time out message.
mwilliams
Good to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions!