Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Select a Date Range
sirim
Hello,
I need to generate a report where the user should be able to select the date range. I populate four differnet tables in the final report and I am writting four different data sets to do it.
First Question.
Is there a way to includea parameter to select a date range?
Second Question
for three of the tables the date range would be the same, is there a way that the user enters the date a single time (throught single parameter) and it could be used by all the three data sets?
Any help is these qquestion would be really great.
Thank you for all your time.
Sirim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
To select a date range, you need to parameters, startDate and endDate. Then, in your data set, you would have two data set parameters bound to those report parameters.
sirim
Thank you Johnw,
I am able to get the date range with the help of parameters.
However I was wondering if I could use the same parameter for more than one data set and how?
johnw
Yes. There are two layers of parameters used in BIRT Reports. Report Parameters, which are basically global variables that get their values from user input, and Data Set Parameters, which are basically bound queries. You can set the expression on Data Set Parameters to anything. So, if you have Report Parameters for date range, those can be re-used in all your data sets, as well as display the values in the headers of your report if you need.