Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Subtotaling Groups
idonaldson
Hello,
I am fairly new to designing BIRT reports, but seem to be getting there. I have a small problem that my team and I have been fighting for the past few days. We are trying to create a report for our budget office, and we need to be able to subtotal on positions, then expenses, then a grand total for the whole report. I have them all working at the bottom of the report, with one group. However the problem is we would like to have the subtotal for the positions follow them in the layout.
Report looks something like:
Index Code _______
Position 1
Position 2
Position 3
Expenses by Index Code
Expense 1
Expense 2
...
Position Subtotal
Expense Subtotal
Index Subtotal
Grand Total of all Indexes.
We would like to get Position subtotal underneath the position list like,
Position 1
Position 2
Position 3
Postion Subtotal
However, it ends up like this when there are more than one positions, if there is only one, everything is fine.
Position 1
Position Subtotal
Position 2
Position Subtotal
Position 3
Position Subtotal
How can I hide the multiple subtotals and only display the last one in the list of positions?
Thanks,
Ian
Attached are the screen shots of how it looks correct when there is only one position, and how it is with multiple.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Can you attach the report design? This is fairly easy to do, but its easier to show than explain.
Or, if the data is not sensitive, in the BIRT Designer, go up to Run/Generate Report Document, and attach the report document instead (the design and data can be retrieved from there).
idonaldson
Here is the report. You won't be able to test it, the data source is coming from a stored procedure on a oracle server in house.
Thanks
Ian
johnw
Without looking at the data, this is about the best estimation I can make. If you added a row above the Group Footer, where the Expense Subtotal is, and move the elements from the tables detail row into the new row, that should take care of it. I have attached what I have.
idonaldson
I don't see your attachment. However, the new row that I would add, would this be a new group footer row? I believe what you want is to move the personnel subtotal to a group footer row, that would like the three subtotals together, and get rid of the repeating, however it really should be in line with the sections.
johnw
Let me try again...
idonaldson
I just wanted to say that I found a solution.
What we did was add an extra field to our temporary table that Oracle is using for our stored procedure, to flag the last position as it was fetching the rows. Knowing the last position in the list of records, I was then able to use the "Visibility" property of the detail row and set it to hidden, unless the flag was set. Works like a charm.
Thanks again John
Ian