Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
eReport ROD file in BIRT designer
zee111
Hi,
Can someone please point me in the direction of how I can view reports that were originally built in Actuate eReport Designer Pro (version 8) in BIRT designer. These reports are saved as ROD files. I understand it is possible to upgrade these files and open them with BIRT designer - however attempting to directly open the ROD file in BIRT designer does not work. Can you advise on steps to be taken or possibly point me towards some documentation that would help with this?
Many Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
I am not sure where you got the idea that it is possible to upgrade ROD files to BIRT, but that is not a correct statement. ERD reports were built in an entirely different technology. You can view ROD files in iServer, or with ERD Pro. Look under the Documentation section of BIRT Exchange.
zee111
Thanks, I do have iServer installed, will look through the documentation. If you do have a link to the relevant section that would be very useful.
johnw
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11SP3/erdpro/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=DABR/about-dabr.html
zee111
Thanks again John. Apologise I wasn't clear - im trying to open the RODs in IServer. The eReport pro version these reports were originally built with is long gone (version 8) and the installers have benn discontinued as to why I'm attempting to view them in BIRT.
johnw
They should open no problem in any version of iServer greater than 8. What you will need to do is use the upload option from within either iServer or iPortal (I dont have a copy handy to run and show you the menu option). From there, you can run the ROD.
If you need a copy of ERD Pro and you have a license, contact Actuate Support, they should still have links to copies of ERD Pro 8 for you to download. Its usually a temporary link they enable through FTP.
zee111
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="97751" data-time="1331745574" data-date="14 March 2012 - 10:19 AM"><p>
They should open no problem in any version of iServer greater than 8. What you will need to do is use the upload option from within either iServer or iPortal (I dont have a copy handy to run and show you the menu option). From there, you can run the ROD.<br />
<br />
If you need a copy of ERD Pro and you have a license, contact Actuate Support, they should still have links to copies of ERD Pro 8 for you to download. Its usually a temporary link they enable through FTP.<br /></p></blockquote>
zee111
Brilliant, thanks for the information. I will try it on iServer. I wasn't aware that actuate still provided the installers as they said the version was discontinued when I spoke to them - the license is the one provided with Siebel CRM whose contract with Actuate ended in 2009. Siebel normally supplied the installers to us in thier package but this has now been removed.