Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Finding the status of the run and render tasks
lenburt
Hi there -- i am using the 2.6.2 version of the BIRT engine. I need a way to tell if something bad has gone wrong in either the render or the run tasks. I know there is a Hashmap (getAppContext) that has information -- will this have special keys if there were problems? I need to set a status in our application database if anything has gone wrong in the report. - thx, len
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
You can only do this if you are using the API. Both the Run and Render tasks have a getStatus() method, in addition to a setStatusHandler() callback that you can use.
johnw
The setStatusHandler() will let you use the the showStatus() function in JavaScript to handle issues. So you can use that to log your errors.
lenburt
Thanks for the suggestions -- i now see a status value of '3' sometimes now coming back. I am not explicitly setting the status value in my report -- are the values documented anywhere? -- regards, len
johnw
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/engine/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/IEngineTask.html