Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSetJoin
futility
hi, all:
I have two dataset, the one got data from the DB, and the another got data from
designer(script dataset).
As following:
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
Hi,
It looks to me like you might be running into a type mismatch.
It might be worth it to identically format the date attribute in each data set, then join on them.
Brian
futility
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'bgbaird'" data-cid="97763" data-time="1331753824" data-date="14 March 2012 - 12:37 PM"><p>
Hi, <br />
<br />
It looks to me like you might be running into a type mismatch.<br />
<br />
It might be worth it to identically format the date attribute in each data set, then join on them.<br />
<br />
Brian<br /></p></blockquote>
No, the different type is just the data set(the first dataset is from DB, the following dataset is from script)<br />
I had tested that script data set seems like having some problems on join.<br />
I download two examples that show the join on the files()/on the same DB(datasource),<br />
it worked well.<br />
So, I test two script data sets on join...but it doesn't work.<br />
It's pity...I think something wrong there.
Hans_vd
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
But, it doesn't work....run forever....<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Those are two different things.<br />
So, is it not working? Or is it running forever?
bgbaird
Another option might be to run a parent/child and manipulate the data when passing the parameter.
futility
No, it run as the same situation (it doesn't work)
But I give up using the script dataset, whose data are generated by fetch.
The data feeded into dataset is made by script on the fetch function.
The BIRT version is 3.7.2.
Thanks for your reply.