Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ConnectionProfile in BIRT
abhijitKol
Hi,
I have 10 BIRT reports.I have created seperate data sources for each reports. I want to create one common data source and then use that data source in each report.How to do that?
I have tried creating a rptlibrary file and then use that datasource in each report.But in that case if i change the connection in rptlibrary file,that connection is not getting reflected in the report files.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tkopets
Using shared connection from library should work without problems.<br />
The problem could be because you have redefined some of the properties of this datasource.<br />
<br />
If you open datasource "General" tab in "Property Editor" you need to make sure it uses library properties.<br />
If you see message like this <em class='bbc'>NOTE: This report item from the library has been modified. To restore the original library item, click on "Restore Properties"</em>.<br />
Follow instructions mentioned in this message to remove local properties.
abhijitKol
Hi,<br />
Thx.I have change something in common datasource.Then if I click on "Restore Properties",then the changes in common data source is getting reflected in the other reports.But if i change anything,then it is not getting reflected automatically.it is very tough to open every report and click on "Restore Properties".Is there any way to solve it.<br />
My requirement is the connection related parameter can change any time and it should reflect automatically in other places.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'tkopets'" data-cid="97800" data-time="1331806601" data-date="15 March 2012 - 03:16 AM"><p>
Using shared connection from library should work without problems.<br />
The problem could be because you have redefined some of the properties of this datasource.<br />
<br />
If you open datasource "General" tab in "Property Editor" you need to make sure it uses library properties.<br />
If you see message like this <em class='bbc'>NOTE: This report item from the library has been modified. To restore the original library item, click on "Restore Properties"</em>.<br />
Follow instructions mentioned in this message to remove local properties.<br /></p></blockquote>