Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Reporting Engine Execution Time Delays On IBM AIX Environment
akarinsky
I am utilizing BIRT to generate documents (Quotes and Invoice) in PDF format from our back end ERP that runs on an IBM AIX environment.
Technically everything is working well, but there seems to be about a 7 second or so delay to run genReport, when compared to running it on a PC. I assume the delay is related to Java libraries having to load every time I run the report generation. I assume this as I have been warned that the first time it is run on a PC you may get a similar delay the first time to load the Java libraries but in windows it seems to keep them in memory after that.
Here is my example script that I am running to create the report:
/opt/freeware/bin/Birt/birt-runtime-3_7_1/ReportEngine/genReport.sh
-f pdf
-p "DataFileLocation= ../QuoteRequestRpt.xml"
-o "../QuoteRequestRpt.pdf" "../Birt/QuoteRequestRpt.rptdesign"
Being far from a Java expert, I am not sure if there is something that can be done in a UNIX environment to speed this up. I am hoping others have seen this and there is some kind of workaround. Maybe a service that can load the Birt Engine Java environment ahead of time and be called so it does not have to be loaded each time it runs.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet