Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Check Box in Parameter
sirim
Hello,
I need to generate a report which has a parameter to select the project name for displaying details.
In the current project the user is able to select one project through input parameter.
I am wondering is there an option in which the user would be able to select multiple projects at the same time. Like it is usually done with the help of check box, selecting more than two projects and then displaying the detail report for both of them combined.
Thank you.
Sirim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RichT
If you create a new parameter of Data type Boolean then the Display type will have an option for a check box
sirim
Thank You RichT!!
I just tried it, but it when i select Boolean and then a check box I do not get an option to selcet the list of values.
My main purpose of getting the check boxes is to get select more than one value from the list.
Or is there a way where i would have the complete list on the left side and then I could drag them to the right side and the query in the data set uses this data.
I really appriciate all the help. Thank you
RichT
I was thinking you could create a check box parameter for each project and evaluate the users selection in the query's beforeOpen event and revise the query based on what was checked. For example,<br />
<br />
the original query for the dataset is:<br />
Select orderNumber,orderDate,customerNumber From Orders<br />
<br />
I have 2 check box parameters (param124 & param141)<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>var newParamValue = "";
if ( reportContext.getParameterValue("param124") == true )
newParamValue = newParamValue + "124";
if ( reportContext.getParameterValue("param141") == true )
if (newParamValue.length > 0)
newParamValue = newParamValue + ",141";
else
newParamValue = newParamValue + "141";
this.queryText = this.queryText + " where CUSTOMERNUMBER in ( " + newParamValue + " )";</pre>
<br />
Attached is the example. Would that work?