Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Access JSF2 FacesContext from event handler?
swampDev
Hoping someone out there has done this. I want to generate the where clause for my dataset in my report in a Java event handler. I have the handler working, but I can't figure how to get my generated where clause (in the jsf context) to the event handler. I tried making the event handler a managed bean, but that just causes IO exceptions and gives me null values of beans within the FacesContext instance. Anyone want to shed some light on this?
I'm really just trying to avoid having to pass all the parameter values to the report by URL, and then having to parse them (because some parameter values will be comma separated) in the event handler. I'd rather just create the rest of the where clause, and tag it on the end of the original query in the beforeOpen method of the dataset. In the former case I have to create a url parameter generator, and a parameter value parser.
Thanks for any help.
Devin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet