Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filter by Unique value
Mechron1
Hello,<br />
<br />
Very new to Birt, I am trying to crate a report from an xml file, My data is:<br />
<br />
<br />
name revision masterRef <br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>LK-213 CLUTCH D #id6</span> <br />
LK-213 CLUTCH B #id6 <br />
LK-213 CLUTCH C #id6 <br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>LKT-213-S Clutch E #id79</span> <br />
LKT-213-S CLUTCH D #id79 <br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>LKBH-108 BRAKE A #id120</span> <br />
LKBH-108 BRAKE 0 #id120<br />
<br />
I need a method to only show the latest version of the name. So I would only see the underlined records. The masterRef is not a "group" per se. All the data is strings. Also if anyone has any suggestions on a book that goes into detail for BIRT, that would be great.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Ron
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You should be able to do something like, group your table on name, sort it on revision, and then use an aggregation to show only the "LAST" value in the group, which if sorted correctly, would be the latest version.
As for books, take a look at this:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=BIRT_Books
The Eclipse Series books, BIRT: A Field Guide and Integrating and Extending BIRT are probably the most detailed.
Mechron1
Thank you MWilliams,
I was able to construct my table as you instructed, now I am at the next level and I would appreciate your suggestion. Each of the masterRef #s are associated with other data found in other data sets. I would like to display all this information in some sort of grid. I was able to put some of my data in a cross tab, but I was not able to see how to use Aggregation to "filter" the groups within the table. Or to put an aggregate group into a cross table. Can you tell me if either of these options are possible or if you have some other workaround.
Thank you,
Ron
mwilliams
Ok, so you have data in other dataSets that you want to show in this same table you're already working with, that you can match to a group by the masterRef#? If this is the case, you can add other tables and/or crosstabs into the group header or footer for your original table and then add filters to the inner elements that limit their data based on the outer table's value. If I'm not understanding right, maybe you can show a small sample of data from another dataSet that corresponds with your data you showed above and how you want it to look in your report now. Maybe that will help!