Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Eclipse rcp webstart Chart label text encoding 2.3 to 3.7.2
Elom
Hi guys,
I am upgrading my RCP application to eclipse 3.7 (indigo) which comes with eclipse birt 3.7.2
We use the SWT device to display a dynamic chart (numbers on the Y axis and string on the X).
With this new version, the labels are displayed with strange characters (maybe an encoding issue...?) when the application is deployed and run through webstart on Windows machines (XP and Win7). But on my linux dev machine, it works fine when I start the application through eclipse...
The old version (eclipse birt 2.3) works fine on all environment.
I attach a print screen,
Thanks for your help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Elom
This works well on linux machine with webstart.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Elom'" data-cid="98070" data-time="1332273982" data-date="20 March 2012 - 01:06 PM"><p>
Hi guys,<br />
I am upgrading my RCP application to eclipse 3.7 (indigo) which comes with eclipse birt 3.7.2<br />
We use the SWT device to display a dynamic chart (numbers on the Y axis and string on the X). <br />
With this new version, the labels are displayed with strange characters (maybe an encoding issue...?) when the application is deployed and run through webstart on Windows machines (XP and Win7). But on my linux dev machine, it works fine when I start the application through eclipse...<br />
<br />
The old version (eclipse birt 2.3) works fine on all environment.<br />
<br />
I attach a print screen, <br />
<br />
Thanks for your help<br /></p></blockquote>
JasonW
Are you seting a Locale in the chart RunTimeContext?
Jason
Elom
Thanks for replying to me, Jason. <br />
No I am not setting a Locale in the chart but when debugging I logged the Locale on the IDeviceRenderer and it is set to en_US.<br />
The text I am trying to display is simple english text...<br />
But if you hint me on how to set the Locale on the RunTimeContext I can try that too.<br />
<br />
I just discovered that when I uncomment the rotate(90) on the x Axis label, it displays well but some values (long texts) are not displayed.<br />
<br />
Axis xAxisPrimary = cwaBar.getPrimaryBaseAxes()[0];<br />
xAxisPrimary.setType(AxisType.TEXT_LITERAL);<br />
xAxisPrimary.getMajorGrid().setTickStyle(TickStyle.BELOW_LITERAL);<br />
xAxisPrimary.getTitle().setVisible(false);<br />
//xAxisPrimary.getLabel().getCaption().getFont().setRotation(90);<br />
xAxisPrimary.getLabel().getCaption().getFont().setSize(12.0f); <br />
<br />
It seems the engine is just not displaying the vertical texts well.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the help<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="98105" data-time="1332359253" data-date="21 March 2012 - 12:47 PM"><p>
Are you seting a Locale in the chart RunTimeContext?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
JasonW
Can you make an example of the issue and post the code?
Jason