Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregation in charts
sirim
Hello Everyone,
I am generating the report which has four data sets displayed with four tables.The table has an aggregation tool which contains the count of all in rows in table.
I need to use these totals to be dispalyed in the chart. Is this even possible in BIRT?
I tried creating a chart, however in Select Data -->Inherit Data from Container --> Data perview is empty. Hence I am not able to drag any column from there.
Any help would be useful.
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Take a look at the attached report. In it, I have 4 tables, each with an aggregate of total sales by country (its actually one data set with a filter at the table level, but its the same as 4 different data sets for this example).
In the onCreate of the aggregate component (this could be on the table itself as well), I am calling a global function that adds the total sales value to a HashMap, keyed by the country (see the reports initialize function, which contains the global functions definition).
I created a scripted data source that pulls its values from this HashMap. The Scripted Data Source and HashMap basically tie the aggregations of all 4 tables together into one logical data set. I then created a chart using this data set as its source.
sirim
Thank You JohnW, That is really helpful.
I understand most of the part of your report,however I think my case is a bit different.
As I said I have four tables and I need to take the Aggregation(Count) from all the tables and display them seperatly. I cannot add them .
So when the final chart is displayed the x axis would eb by month (Jan 2010, Feb 2010 ....) and we would have four different bars for each month.
I am not sure how exaclty to do this.
Any thoughts?
sirim
Can someone please help me with this.....I would really really appriciate it.