Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
TOC for report
Bennyb
Hello,
I'd like to create a table of contents with pages (there's 3 tables on my rptdesign file and I'd like to show the page number of the begining of those tables), I've seen a lot of rptdesign files displaying TOC on this website but each time it only works with the webviewer... (I've posted "Strange behavior on onPageBreak ?" recently to create a TOC report)
So I made a one cell grid with my table in it. It's a 5 cm height grid with page break (after-> always).
Every pageBreak of the table are "Auto" (before, after and inside). I have to use them like this for a report.
I thought that I can count my pages with persistent variable in the "onPageBreak" part of the script (grid), but the 5cm limit is not respected.
What do you think about this ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bennyb
Sorry, there's a mistake :<br />
<br />
"So I made a one cell grid with my table in it. It's a 5 cm height grid with <span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>automatic</strong></span> page break."
mwilliams
The TOC reports you see typically only work in the web viewer because it uses the frameset URL option by default, which uses separate run and render tasks. If you are deploying the web viewer to run your reports, but want to run the report straight to PDF, you could use frameset and __format=pdf in your url to get it to run directly to PDF. If you're using code to run your reports, just be sure to use the run and render tasks separately, rather than the RunAndRender task. Is there also an issue in your design above that doesn't work correctly when you use the web viewer? Let me know.
Bennyb
I managed to do my TOC. Just look at "Strange behavior on onPageBreak ?" if you want to know more about it.
And thank you very much !