Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
watermarker
ilaya.p86
Hi,
I am used below link for watermarker/background
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/birt-backgroundwatermark-images.html
its not coming for xls reports, but its coming for pdf after generating..
please help me...
regards
Ilaya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
futility
hi, ilaya.p86:
I think that it's just the background-image.
So, you can dynamic to add it before rendering / on designer time by script.
ilaya.p86
but the same background image is coming for pdf as well doc...
how its possible???
futility
hi, ilaya.p86:
I test it with the SpudSoft emitter.
It seems that it doesn't work.
But, maybe it's due to that I just have the 2003 version and this version seems that not
have the watermarks option / the emitter don't implement this part of watermark.
Then, it works well in pdf.
However, this is the direction, if you want to the watermark in excel.
You can customize the emitter and survey the POI(
http://poi.apache.org/)
to
address your need.
I think I need to check that if possible on 2007 off duty.
ilaya.p86
Futility,
Actually we planned for xlsx(excel 2007 & 2010) only, but in eclipse BIRT 3.7.2 version we don't have the xlsx report generation through design. i am not yet started with eclipse API. I hope, it ll work in xlsx. please confirm that to me...
ilaya.p86
same thing watermarker/background report generation is working in BIRT actuate???
ilaya.p86
except the below link,
http://birtworld.blo...ark-images.html
is that any other way to generate watermark/background reports???
futility
hi, ilaya.p86 :
Sorry for late reply.
Unfortunately, I found that
my personal computer also not have the office 2007+.
But, I think the testing don't take you some time, you can test it by
yourself, using the BIRT RE API and emitter is easy.
So, I think if you want the answer soon, you must take it yourself.
Best Regards
ilaya.p86
yes, we tried with Native excel emitter for the xlsx report generation. xlsx report generated successfully but still watermark is not coming up with that.
thanks
futility
hi, ilaya.p86:
I think if the image of the watermark is fixed.
You can create the empty excel template with the watermark beforehand.
Before rendering, you can use the .rptdocument to extract the data and
populate into target excel.
But, this is just an assumption. You need to try it!
Best Regards.
Reference :
http://bytes.com/topic/java/answers/884537-create-watermark-excel-using-java