Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
where to have the common things in report
RepBIRT
Hi,
Could anyone tell how to have the common things ( datasource, header & footer) in one place like .rptlibrary or .rpttemplate.
I would like to have them in one place, which will be used across all the reports.
When you modify something in the common thing, it should be reflected across all the report and also should work in the web applications when the changes are done in the common thing
Kindly suggest the best way to handle this and references if any.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Creating a .rptlibrary to store the standard elements that you want to re-use in several reports, is the way to go. If you change the element in your .rptlibrary, it will change in all the reports that use it. When you deploy the reports and library, you should just need to replace your deployed library with the newly changed version and this should trickle to your reports. Let me know if you have issues.
RepBIRT
I have configured the datasource in .rptlibrary and used the same datasource in the report. I have placed .rptlibrary and .rptdesign inside the webapplication. When I changed the datasource in the .rptlibrary file and place again in the webapplication, the .rptdesign is not taking the new datasource, it still takes the old datasource.
Kindly let me know how to handle this.
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Are you sure you didn't edit the dataSource in your design when you were making it? Re-deploying the library should update the report as long as the library is in the right place and the dataSource wasn't changed in the design prior to deployment. What's your BIRT version? I'll check it out in your version.