Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with join Data Set
Dude
Hey There
I got a problem with joining Data Set
I got one DataSet (DataSet A) and another one DataSet B each Data Set represents a table.
Now i joined ( tried it with Inner and Full Outer Join ) both DataSets based on an ID which brings me to DataSetJoin.
I want to display the Data of both tables in a single table on the report. In the Detail sector i placed a value ( for Example: customername from DataSet B ), over which BIRT should iterate. This doesn`t work Birt prints out nothing. If I put it in a "dynamic Text" report tag. BIRT prints out the first value of the Array.
If i use the field( customername ) from the DateSet, to which it belongs ( DataSet B ) put it in the Detail sector of an List. BIRT iterates over the Values and prints each of them out.
So I suggest that Birt got problems to iterate over an value from a Join DataSet.
Or do I something wrong ??
I am using Birt 3.7
I hope you could understand my problem and hopefully can help my
Thanks a lot
Dude
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SNX2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Dude'" data-cid="98240" data-time="1332760686" data-date="26 March 2012 - 04:18 AM"><p>
Hey There<br />
<br />
I got a problem with joining Data Set<br />
<br />
I got one DataSet (DataSet A) and another one DataSet B each Data Set represents a table.<br />
Now i joined ( tried it with Inner and Full Outer Join ) both DataSets based on an ID which brings me to DataSetJoin.<br />
<br />
I want to display the Data of both tables in a single table on the report. In the Detail sector i placed a value ( for Example: customername from DataSet B ), over which BIRT should iterate. This doesn`t work Birt prints out nothing. If I put it in a "dynamic Text" report tag. BIRT prints out the first value of the Array.<br />
<br />
If i use the field( customername ) from the DateSet, to which it belongs ( DataSet B ) put it in the Detail sector of an List. BIRT iterates over the Values and prints each of them out. <br />
<br />
So I suggest that Birt got problems to iterate over an value from a Join DataSet.<br />
Or do I something wrong ??<br />
I am using Birt 3.7<br />
<br />
I hope you could understand my problem and hopefully can help my <br />
<br />
Thanks a lot<br />
Dude<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
What does the preview of your Dataset show you? Do you have any sum or Group functions in your Dataset that Groups the Data to just one line? Normally it shouldn?t be a problem to handle your problem.
Dude
Thanks for the quick reply !<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>What does the preview of your Dataset show you?</p></blockquote>
The preview of the DataSet or the Preview of tzhe Report?<br />
Of the DataSet <br />
not quite sure what you mean with that but if you mean the list of parameter at the outline view: There are the values of the Join.<br />
<br />
Of The Report this doesn?t work at the designer because my DataSource is Dynmaicly and not static.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Do you have any sum or Group functions in your Dataset that Groups the Data to just one line?</p></blockquote>
No there is nothing like a sort or group just the values .<br />
<br />
Dude
SNX2012
I mean the preview of the Dataset. (Data Set --> preview Results) Normally it should show you something as long as you do not use complex "or" conditions with different parameters ... maybe you should post the SQL-Querry from your Dataset<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>Edit:</strong></span><br />
<br />
I read your post again. If you try to link two Datasets to one Table this doesn?t work. You have to cri8 a Data cube and link the Dataset over the ID Values inside of the Cube. Then you can Cri8 a Cross table to visualize the data else you can try to merge the two Data Sets into one. Did that help you?
Dude
Okay! Now I know what you mean in this view you can see the data. I am sure that I get the right data.
As I mentaion at the opening post if I put the same report value in a dynamic text filed I get the first entry of the array. As soon as I put in the detail section of a table or a List BIRT ignores it totaly. So from this point of view it seems that BIRT couldn?t iterrate over the value of the Join DataSet.
Dude
SNX2012
Did you read my edit from post #4 ?
Dude
Yes it did
But i changed the Reportdesign so that i could use the join
I don?t want a cube because of the performance issues
Thanke you
Problem solved
One last question just to be sure
If I want to use a join DataSet multiple times on a report I have to use the Data Cube is this right?
Thanks
Dude
SNX2012
no it is possible to use one Dataset for more then one Table
Dude
I know that I can use one DataSet multiple time at a report but can I do that with a joinDataset?
It seems to me that this is not possible.
Dude