Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF "Save" does not show the BIRT report name.
torjoshi
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.6. The reports are rendered (by servlet) using the /frameset mapping. The PDF view displays the report correctly. However when I click on the "Save" on PDF toolbar, the name in the text field is that of servlet that rendered it, which in this case is "frameset".
Instead, I want this to be the name of the rptdesign (rptdocument) file. How do I do it?
PS: I tried modifying the PDFRenderOption, setting the output file name. Did not work.
Thank you.
RJ
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
This won't work because the filename is coming from your browser. You have different options but all of them require changes to the servlet.
The best option is to sent a special header attribute to the browser. It will then use the value of the attribute instead of the url name.
Just sent the header Content-Disposition and set it's value to
attachment; filename="myFile.pdf" where myFile is the name you want for your download
CBR
sorry accidentially clicked on add button twice
torjoshi
Thank you cbrell. Will try it out.