Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ConnectionProfile in BIRT
abhijitKol
I have 10 rptdesign file. i have created 10 seperate data source for each design file. But my problem is that when I move the design file to production environment,then i need to change the connection details for each design file.Its very tough to change in every design file.
What I want is that I'll create one connection profile and I want to use that in every design file,so that if i change the connection in the connection profile then it will be reflected in every design file.
could you please help me on this.
I am using BIRT 3.7 version in eclipse.I am using some stored procedure for data fetching.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
in my mind Connection profiles are a pain in the a*
The best way is to create a library that contains your database connection. If you have never used libraries before you should have a look. It's nearly impossible to build more then 3 reports for the same project without using a library. The reason for that is that you have to change every report if a single detail of your project changes.
Have a look at
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/lib/index.php
It is very old but the most is still working in exact the same way.
CBR
sorry while reading your post a second time i saw that your question is not related to the eclipse profile store feature (that is what i was refering to by saying Connection profile stores are a pain).
If you have additional questions related to the libraries feel free to ask (even if you decide to use the connection profile feature of eclipse)
kabilan_n
Hi,
Please find the attachment surely this will help you. It comes under BIRT FIELD GUIDE book
- Kabil
abhijitKol
I have created a library which contains database connection.then for every report file,I have created datasource using the said library.But if I change the connection details in the library file.that changes is not getting reflected in other report design files.If I edit the individual data source for report file,I can see the old connection details which I previously mentioned in the library file.Latest changes done in library file is not getting reflected in the rptdesign files.