Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Reports are not running on Mozilla firefox 9.0.1
bokya
Hi all,
I am having problem while running report on Mozilla Firefox blank window is getting displayed. i am using birt-runtime-2_6_2 .please help me in that .
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bokya
Hi all,
i am using birt-runtime-2_6_2 and browser for running reports is Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1. But the problem is that reports are not running , it is showing blank window . It doesn't show BIRT viewer. Please anybody help me in that. It's very urgent because all the reports i designed and it was working fine on IE but not on Mozilla .
Thanks & Regards
Bokya
mwilliams
I currently have Firefox 11 and don't have any issues. Back when I had version 9, I don't remember there being any issues. The only issue I've seen with firefox and BIRT is script tags in firefox not working. Can you try a new install of the 2.6.2 runtime?
bokya
Hi BIRT GURU,
Thanks for your reply. Actually i debugged and saw that in jsp page we call to rptdesign by using tbirt:viewer this tag, Its not even calling to rptdesign because i have written println() statement on script. Those statements are not printing and not even BIRT tool bar is viewing. I am using scripted data source and i am using jsp to call to rptdesign by using birt:viewer and birt:param tag. Same thing is working on IE .
BIRT GURU you please try using scripted data source. And which version of BIRT runtime you are using ?
Thanks & Regards
Bokya
mwilliams
I'll give it a shot. Are you using Tomcat to deploy to? Or something else?
bokya
Hi BIRT GURU,
Thanks for your reply. I am using JBoss 5.0.1 server. Same server i am using when trying to run reports on IE, there i dont get any issue. I am using scripted data source and i am calling desing by following code
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer"
height="420"
width="870"
format="html" reportDesign="report/admin/failureMPRecordsNew.rptdesign" pattern="frameset" title="Failure M&P Record (All m/c's)"
showParameterPage="false" >
<birt:param name="fromDate" value="<%=fromDate%>"></birt:param>
<birt:param name="toDate" value="<%=toDate%>"></birt:param>
<birt:param name="inNumber" value="<%=inNumber%>"></birt:param>
<birt:param name="plant" value="<%=plant%>"></birt:param>
</birt:viewer>
and i have written println() statement on OPEN script of data set, that println statement is not getting displyed, so i concluded that rptdesign was not called by upper code. If rptdesign would have been called at least BIRT viewer toolbar would be displyed. I am getting blank screen not even BIRT viwer.
Regards,
Bokya
bokya
Hi BIRT GURU,
Please reply .
mwilliams
Sorry. I'm gonna download JBoss 5.0.1 to get the closest I can to the setup you have. I'll let you know!
mwilliams
Again, I have FireFox 11, but I don't have a problem with BIRT 2.6.2 and a scripted dataSet on JBoss 5.0.1. Can you maybe create a simple scripted dataSet report that fails for you and I can try running it?
bokya
Hi BIRT GURU,
Thanks for your reply. Now i am also using mozill version 11. I have attached four files 1)jsp=> which calls SimpleMozillaReport.rptdesin, 2) SimpleMozillaReport=>This is rptdesign where i have simply added one lable. I did not create scripted data source because when i run this simple report i saw jsp design i s not getting called from jsp page. 3) screenshot on IE 4) Screenshot on Mozilla.
The problem here is rptdesign by using birt:viewer tag in jsp page is not calling. But the same code is running on IE. I think problem is with jsp page only.
Please BIRT GURU check where i went wrong. One think when i run same report by using run on browser/preview tab on mozilla its working but when i configured it with jsp page flow its not working.
The flow is like below
jsp page calls rptdesign.
Once you download let me know i will remove these files. I have taken screenshot of jsp file as it was not allowing me to upload jsp extension file.
Regards,
Bokya
bokya
Please BIRT guru reply........
bokya
Hi BIRT Guru,
Please reply...
bokya
Hi BIRT Guru,
Please reply.
mwilliams
Taking a look, now.
mwilliams
Ok. Well, I'm not sure what to make of this, but I've been working on this for a little while now, and I cannot get it to show in IE. However, it shows in Firefox and Chrome, just fine. I've been working with Tomcat though. I forgot you were using JBoss. I'll go try with it, now. I'll let you know.
mwilliams
I tried JBoss and I got it to work for all 3: IE, FF, and Chrome.
bokya
Hi BIRT Guru,
Can you tell me what BIRT run time version you are using currently? Also what process you followed to achieve the same result. Please explain me. Also anything wrong in my code please let me know
Thanks,
bokya