Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Opendeploy Scheduling - Filelists
System
I am trying to create a filelist on the fly when scheduling a deployment and it doesn't seem to be working.
What I want to do is to schedule a deployment with an empty filelist, and then do a deployNRun updating the filelist with the files to deploy before connecting to the remote server to deploy.
It seems like once the deployment is scheduled, the filelist's contents is put into memory somewhere and can not be changed once scheduled.
If this is the case, is there a way I can do the above task?
-JF
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
What version of OD are you using ?
One way would be:
Create a dummy deployment which will run the DNR script to create the file list. After the file is created, run the real deployment. You basically create 2 depoyments.
Hope that helps.
Migrateduser
I think this should work if you use a trigger point that's early enough in the deployment process. Did you try using dnrDeploymentJob (assuming you have OD 5.6)?
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Hi
I am using a dnrDeploymentJob and here is the details(OD5.6.0 Service Pack 1):
<dnrDeploymentJob location="source" when="before" triggerPoint="connect" state="always">
<script cmd="/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /opt/iw-home/bin/schDeploy.ipl $filelist^" as="root" asyn
c="yes" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
<dnrDeploymentJob location="source" when="after" triggerPoint="transfer" state="success">
<script cmd="/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /opt/iw-home/bin/rmSchDeployFiles.ipl $filelist^" as="roo
t" async="yes" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
Migrateduser
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but dnrDeploymentJob shouldn't have a triggerPoint attribute in it. (See p. 134 of the OD 5.6 Inst & Ref Guide.)
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I took the triggerPoint attribute away based upon your recommendation and it didn't seem to solve the problem. The actual problem was that I was setting the async attribute to yes instead of the default no. Setting the async attribute to yes has the opendeploy process running without waiting for the DNR script to complete.
Thanks for your help!
-JF