Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR not added to task
lcarr
TeamSite 5.5.2 Win2K
From File-New Job, I start a custom workflow. There are no attached files. From the task details page, I select 'New Data Record'. I enter data on the DCT and click 'Save'. I get a message that the DCR was created, but could not be attached to the task. If I then unlock the DCR and select 'Add Existing File' from the task details page, I can add the file.
Is this behavior expected? I create the DCR in a workarea owned by the user who creates the DCR. When the DCR is created it gets locked in that workarea to the workarea's owner. Why must I unlock it to add it to the task? Does the owner of the task need to be an administrator?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you sure the DCR isn't getting attached?
The Task Details window does not automatically get refreshed when you're done creating the new DCR - if you're in IE - try hitting ^R or F5 and see if the file you just created shows up. Alternatively, close the Task Details window and re-open it from the main To Do List window.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
You said that you are using a custom workflow. Does the workflow add files to some task (with a <files> element)? If not, files that have been selected will not be attached to the job.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
lcarr
Just to reiterate:
I get a TeamSite error message noting that the DCR was created, but could not be attached to the task. So, no, the file is not there no matter how many times I refresh.
The workflow doesn't need to add files to the task because File-New Data Record out-of-the-box should do that for you.
Adam Stoller
Oops sorry, I forgot you indicated the error message.
What level of SP are you with regard to TeamSite and TeamSite Templating on your server?
When I tested it I was using TeamSite / TeamSite Templating SP2
+ p37101a (iwversion => build 16315) - on a W2K SP3 machine, and it worked fine (albeit with the manual refresh).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
lcarr
The problem occurs with TS 5.5.2 SP2 and TS 5.5.2 SP2. I uninstalled both SP2s and retried. The problem persists.
Adam Stoller
I don't know what else to tell you - my environment sounds like it is almost the same as your environment - and it appears to work in my environment and not yours.
Did you have SP2
with patch applied - or did you just have the original SP2 applied?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
lcarr
I had SP2 applied (no intermediate patches).