Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Line Chart - Surely this must be simpler than it seems
billabang
Hi<br />
<br />
I am trying to replicate a graph that I can easily create in Microsoft Excel.<br />
<br />
The Data looks like the following:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>APRIL MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
383364.56 1281461.67 1822012.25 2406798.55 2986401.9 3605868.57 4317188.76 4982792.25 5500135.52 6187924.33 6424495.32 6482334.78
530979.89 1102738.57 1818303.05 2516911.05 3081118.53 3724955.27 4391393.7 5171718.62 5718077.43 6463441.64 6874963.05 6874963.05
314339.46 701666.13 1151713.44 1742207.35 2419204.06 3104044.7 3707209.6 4345490.49 5030472.28 5677415.15 5790519.72 5790519.72
</pre>
<br />
The chart then plots 4 lines. One for each row using the header row as the X axis and the maximum value of the data as the Y value.<br />
<br />
How do I do this with a BIRT chart?<br />
<br />
The Header row is the column names in the data set. It appears it wants me to select a column as the X axis rather than using each column like Excel.<br />
<br />
Any tips are much appreciated.<br />
<br />
I have attached an image of the result in Excel.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Bill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RichT
Hi Bill,
I used a sample of your data provided and attached an example report for you to take a look at. The x-axis is text so it isn't sorting properly and its clearly far from a polished chart but hopefully it'll help you out.
BIRT 2.6
Rich