Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Capturing server details dynamically
siva_birt
Hi,
I need to capture (1)ipaddress of iServer hosting m/c (2) Management console password(assuming user is administrator) (3) Volume name. Can some one help me how to code in rptdesign file to capture this information?
Thanks....Siva
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Everything except the management console password is available in the reportContext object. Check the Working with Actuate BIRT documentation. The section on getting iServer environment variables is here:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11SP3/BIRTRD/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=UsingABIRT/API-iServer.19.01.html
siva_birt
Thank you very much. I am able to grab volume and user names. I could not locate the code for IPADDRESS of hosting m/c. Can u please guide me to find it? Also, any other suggestions about password?
averma
Hi siva_birt,<br />
Try the following for server ip<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getLocalAddr()
</pre>
Why would you need management console password in your BIRT report?
siva_birt
I need to send them as parameters to another birt report(report bursting)
siva_birt
Getting the error " Can not call the method "getLocalAddr""
siva_birt
I got it by using :
reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerURL");
siva_birt
I got a better solution:
importPackage( Packages.java.net );
myownIP = new InetAddress.getLocalHost();
myownIP.getHostAddress();
Now, can someone help me, how to get password?
averma
I dont think you can get password, that would be a security violation. The workaround would be to customize your Information Console single-sign on (IPSE) mechanism.