Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a DataObject Programmatically
markhenkel
I am look for an example on how to create a Dataobject Programmatically, any bit of information is appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Mark,
Chapter 24 in the following document has information on data object api that you can use to programmatically generate data objects.
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP3/using-actuate-bdpro.pdf
markhenkel
Thanks for the quick reply, here's my problem, my development environment is on win 32 xp, iServer is installed on a Linux box. I do not have iServer locally, I have no problems getting the jar files to my local machine for import, however I am wondering about Step 5 that states:
5 Add a BIRT_HOME static variable to the class. For the default installation of
iServer on a 32-bit Windows system, use the following line in the body of the
GenerateDataObject class body:
private static final String BIRT_HOME =
"C:/Program Files/Actuate11/iServer/Jar/BIRT/platform";
Do I need to somehow map a drive to the linux box and set the BIRT_HOME path to that? Or can I possibly copy that platform folder to my local machine & set the path to that?
Thanks again for the Help
Mark (newbie to BIRT)
averma
You can copy the folder to your local machine and use that in your project.