Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Form input for reports
davorin
Good morning
Just started to use BIRT and already face a problem (o;
How is it possible to include form fields like test input, checkboxes and the like to be included in the reports?
For example a text input might further limit data query results with "select xx from yy where xx like 'text_input'"...
Or to include/exclude certain columns via checkboxes for better visibility...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm totally understanding, but it sounds like you might be talking about report parameters. If you create a report parameter for your report, you can accept text input, have list boxes, radio buttons, etc., and use these inputs to limit your query, either through a filter or editing your query in script or by linking the report parameter to a dataSet parameter. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.
davorin
Yes I mean report parameter...haven't seen any good examples on the BIRT website though...
Would it be also possible to have report parameters dynamically created from a previous query?
For example if I a report shows a line diagram grouped by vendors...but I do not know the amount of different vendors forehand.
But want to enable/disable certain vendors with a check box.
mwilliams
Ok, so you want to run a report with a line chart with all vendors returned by the query, but then you want to have check boxes to be able to select certain vendors to remove from the chart? If so, it's probably easiest to use a HTML form in a text control to create all of your check boxes with the vendors in the report, then, on submit of the form, you could run another report that shows only the vendors that they want to see.