Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Set the value of the Data within a Row
oamit1978
I am pretty new to BIRT and have started just a day or two back. I have created a dataset and displaying the same inside a table. My problem in that in one my column I am expecting the values as 30.0;0.0;null where in I want replace each ";" with a "\n" so that while display each delimetre separated value is shown in a new row. I am trying to write an Event Handler for this however I couldn't locate on which event (whether onCreate, onPrepare and onRender) I should write this. Also how should I set the value of the data element to my desired value.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi oamit1978,<br />
You can do this with a simple JavaScript expression in your data element for that column. Here is an example that replaces all semicolons with a newline:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
str = "a;b;c";
str.replace(/;/g, "\n");
</pre>
oamit1978
Thanks for your prompt response. Your code did helped me in solving some other issues however the mentioned problem I manage to solve by adding the REPLACE() function to my dataset SQL itself.
averma
Handling at the database layer is even more efficient approach.