Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Define white border in excel using BIRT Design API
ashish13
Hi,
I have to define the white border in my excel sheet using BIRT Design API. I am able to do the same for the table i am created by defining the style of each cell, but not able to change the border of the rest of the excel sheet. Is there any way to do the same.
Thanks in advance,
Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've never seen a solution to shutting off the grid lines in Excel besides turning them off manually after the report has been run. It may be something you'd have to edit the emitter to be able to do. Not 100% sure on that.
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98733" data-time="1333999095" data-date="09 April 2012 - 12:18 PM"><p>
I've never seen a solution to shutting off the grid lines in Excel besides turning them off manually after the report has been run. It may be something you'd have to edit the emitter to be able to do. Not 100% sure on that.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your suggestion. I got the solution for hiding the grid line. We can hide the gridline by following code snippet:<br />
<br />
EXCELRenderOption options = new EXCELRenderOption();<br />
options.setHideGridlines(true);
mwilliams
Oh, good. The option is already in the emitter! Is this with the standard XLS emitter? Or with one of the community plug-ins?
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98782" data-time="1334082072" data-date="10 April 2012 - 11:21 AM"><p>
Oh, good. The option is already in the emitter! Is this with the standard XLS emitter? Or with one of the community plug-ins?<br /></p></blockquote>
The SpudSoft emitter does it with an option called "ExcelEmitter.DisplayGridlines".<br />
I guess I ought to try to support the standard render options too, where they exist.<br />
<br />
One added feature of the SpudSoft emitter is that the option can be specified as a UserProperty on an individual table, so you can have some sheets with gridlines and some without.<br />
<br />
I'm currently working on documenting all this.<br />
<br />
Jim
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98782" data-time="1334082072" data-date="10 April 2012 - 11:21 AM"><p>
Oh, good. The option is already in the emitter! Is this with the standard XLS emitter? Or with one of the community plug-ins?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
This option is already in default and native excel emitter.<br />
<br />
Ashish