Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
local development on XP
cna
Hello:
I'm want to do some local TeamSite development on my laptop. So I installed it, but I'm unable to login into TeamSite. I think it installed correctly, the error states "TeamSite did not recognize the username. Please try again. " I know I'm the admin of my laptop.
Any suggestions. Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rollo
This is probably a stupid question, but you have gone through the license/key install process, right?
cna
Yes
printer_settings.JPG
rollo
Did you try adding yourself using iwadduser.ipl?
cna
How is that done, through the command prompt??
Adam Stoller
TeamSite (server) is not supported on WIndows XP - see the Release Notes - it clearly states that XP support is for "client only".
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
rwinterpacht
I'm kinda surprised, since XP has been around for a while now (+1 year.)
We're in the process of creating a developers environment that includes IBM's WSAD. We'd also like to have the developers running local copies of TeamSite, for workflow, templating, and cssdk development. These machines would be running XP Pro, and we have a desktop to try out different applications.
I tried an install of TeamSite 552 sp3, and got an error saying "Could not retrieve product registry key"
I tried the 6.0 beta install (for the **** of it) and it wouldn't install because of an OS mismatch (per log file.)
Any plans by Interwoven to support the XP desktop? We'll have to stick with using the development Solaris machines, which are more locked down (need to request permission changes, file copies, etc.) and would like to buy the Interwoven developer suite licensing...but can't if it doesn't run on XP!
Thanks,
Raf Winterpacht
Migrateduser
Just a note on platform support for the servers in IWOV products. If your organization is standardizing on a particular set of platforms, be sure this information is funneled through your sales contact and back to IWOV. As you can imagine, the number of platforms continues to grow, and we must constantly make tradeoffs for platform support. This information is also helpful as you move away from older platforms and versions.
I know we are evaluating XP support, but I do not have a time-frame.
Regards,
lissa