Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping on axis in Chart
drusso17
I'm getting a giant headache from this particular chart in BIRT but perhaps I am not thinking about it in the proper way. Here is what I am doing/trying to do:
My data source is returning rows of work orders such as below:
WONUM | COMPDATE | STATUS | LATEFLAG
ABC123 | 01-01-2011 | COMP | 0
ABC456 | 02-03-2011 | COMP | 1
ABC789 | 02-25-2011 | EXPIRED| 1
What I'd like to chart is this:
On x-axis: Grouped by month on compdate (no issues there as far as I can tell)
On y-axis: 3 bars per month -
First bar: status!='EXPIRED' AND lateflag=0 (Completed On-Time)
Second bar: status!='EXPIRED' AND lateflag=1 (Completed Late)
Third bar: status='EXPIRED' (lateflag will always be 1 here so we can disregard it) (Not Completed in Time)
I will be stacking bars 2 and 3 so that it looks like the attached picture. (I know how to do the stacking)
When I am on the "Select Data" tab of the "Edit Chart" dialog, what do I need to put int the Value (Y) Series boxes to achieve my desired result? Do I need to do anything in the Option Y Series Grouping? If so, what?
My issue right now is that it is giving me the exact same number for all 3 bars. My setup is:
Category (X) Series: row["compdate"] with grouping enabled (Type:DateTime Unit:Month Interval:1 AggregateExpression:Count)
Category (Y) Series: (Aggregate Expression for all of these series is Default(Count))
Series 1 - row["status"]!='EXPIRED' && row["lateflag"]==0
Series 2 - row["status"]!='EXPIRED' && row["lateflag"]==1
Series 3 - row["status"]=='EXPIRED'
Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RichT
Hi,
I messed around a bit with data from the Classic Models db and I come up with something that is close to what you're looking for (I think). The only problem I couldn't get around is when I stacked 2 of the groups BIRT left space where 1 of the groups was initially plotted out.
I attached the example. I recreated it 2 ways and came up with the same spacing in both charts. It might not be what you're looking for but it might give you a new angle for consideration.
Hope it helps,
Rich
BIRT 2.6