Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with Order by
frombo
Hello,
I have the following problem with my report.
I have a web page which I have a search funtionality.... In my search page I enter my criteria and click in button Search.
The page retrives the rigth results, in that page I order the results by name (for example). In that page I have a button to export data to a birt report.
The results of the birt report are correct except the order, I lost the order by. I this parameter to pass order to birt report but somehow the order is lost.
Anybody could help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SNX2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'frombo'" data-cid="98897" data-time="1334247213" data-date="12 April 2012 - 09:13 AM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have the following problem with my report.<br />
I have a web page which I have a search funtionality.... In my search page I enter my criteria and click in button Search.<br />
<br />
The page retrives the rigth results, in that page I order the results by name (for example). In that page I have a button to export data to a birt report.<br />
<br />
The results of the birt report are correct except the order, I lost the order by. I this parameter to pass order to birt report but somehow the order is lost.<br />
<br />
Anybody could help me?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Did you have any tables with groups in your output report? Ive got the problem once, that my "order by" statement from the sql querry was deleted by table propertys.
SNX2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'frombo'" data-cid="98897" data-time="1334247213" data-date="12 April 2012 - 09:13 AM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have the following problem with my report.<br />
I have a web page which I have a search funtionality.... In my search page I enter my criteria and click in button Search.<br />
<br />
The page retrives the rigth results, in that page I order the results by name (for example). In that page I have a button to export data to a birt report.<br />
<br />
The results of the birt report are correct except the order, I lost the order by. I this parameter to pass order to birt report but somehow the order is lost.<br />
<br />
Anybody could help me?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
--- quotefailor pls delete post #3
frombo
Hello SNX2012,
yes I have table with groups.
CBR
If you add a group to a table BIRT automatically sorts all records. By default it uses the group name to sort the records. There is no possibility to tell BIRT not to resort the records.
frombo
Do you know any workaround to this problem?
Or I just have to use other reporting framework for this report?
SNX2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'frombo'" data-cid="98947" data-time="1334321623" data-date="13 April 2012 - 05:53 AM"><p>
Do you know any workaround to this problem? <br />
Or I just have to use other reporting framework for this report?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
by grouping the table is an option to set the "order by" property. this property deletes the querry grouping. so you just have to resett it.<br />
<br />
Groups --> edit your existing groups and then sorting (down right side). there you can set the property of "order by" for the grouped table.<br />
<br />
hope this helps
frombo
Thanks for your help.
I have create a parameter that is filled by a java variable. And in Groups I call that parameter for sorting.
Even so I'm not succedd.
lnix
Hi frombo,
Try selecting your table and going to Properties > Advanced > Sort by groups, and set it to false. This will make your table not re-sort the data.
Please note, there are some known issues with this setting when calculating aggregates, but if you do not have any aggregates, you should be ok to use it.
frombo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lnix'" data-cid="98978" data-time="1334364855" data-date="13 April 2012 - 05:54 PM"><p>
Hi frombo,<br />
<br />
Try selecting your table and going to Properties > Advanced > Sort by groups, and set it to false. This will make your table not re-sort the data. <br />
<br />
Please note, there are some known issues with this setting when calculating aggregates, but if you do not have any aggregates, you should be ok to use it.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello,<br />
<br />
thanks it works, that the order is correct.... I will have to check an aggregate, I have a sum.
frombo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'frombo'" data-cid="99116" data-time="1334596371" data-date="16 April 2012 - 10:12 AM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
thanks it works, that the order is correct.... I will have to check an aggregate, I have a sum.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The order works perfectly, but like you said now I have a problem with the aggregates :S Theres any workaround for this aggregates?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance
lnix
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'frombo'" data-cid="99147" data-time="1334646876" data-date="17 April 2012 - 12:14 AM"><p>
The order works perfectly, but like you said now I have a problem with the aggregates :S Theres any workaround for this aggregates?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The workaround is to make your aggregate based off the dataset, not the table. Please see the attached report. The yellow aggregate works. The red one doesn't. <br />
<br />
Please note, they both should work, and they both will in a future release.