Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Difference in Preview and Report
frombo
Hello all,
I'm currently using the Birt 3.7.2, and in Report I have a table and an element of a cell is a list. Imagine the following report
Scene | Actor | Person | Obs | Desc
1 | xpto | a1 | 2 |
| xpto2 | b |
| xpto3 | c |
2 | abc | c | fr | old
| de | d |
The list elements are Actor and Person... When I preview the query is OK. When I publish to a pdf report I have this result:
Scene | Actor | Person | Obs | Desc
1 | xpto | a1 | 2 |
| xpto2 | b |
| xpto3 | c |
2 | abc | c | fr | old
| de | d |
| xpto | e |
| xpto2 | f |
| xpto3 | g |
| xpto4 | h |
Basically the pdf report retrieve more result than expected in the list element, altough the query is correct
Can anyone help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The preview doesn't return all of the results, by default. The default is set at like 500 lines or something, so this may be the issue. You're not seeing all the data in the preview and a full run with the PDF is showing all the values. What do you see if you look at it in the web viewer?
frombo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98908" data-time="1334274310" data-date="12 April 2012 - 04:45 PM"><p>
The preview doesn't return all of the results, by default. The default is set at like 500 lines or something, so this may be the issue. You're not seeing all the data in the preview and a full run with the PDF is showing all the values. What do you see if you look at it in the web viewer?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes, I know. But imagine for a scene 001/008 in the preview result I have 2 lines (this is correct, I run in postgresql database), but in the report (web viewer, pdf) I will have 214 lines.... I don't know if is cach. Or something else.
mwilliams
Have you tried re-starting Eclipse? How are you limiting your data? If you create a new design, does it have the same issues?
frombo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98950" data-time="1334325279" data-date="13 April 2012 - 06:54 AM"><p>
Have you tried re-starting Eclipse? How are you limiting your data? If you create a new design, does it have the same issues?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello,<br />
<br />
Yes a re-start my eclipse. I'm no limiting my data.<br />
I can Create a new design and Try it.... <br />
<br />
Best Regards
mwilliams
If creating a new design doesn't work, can you attach your design?
frombo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="98971" data-time="1334343116" data-date="13 April 2012 - 11:51 AM"><p>
If creating a new design doesn't work, can you attach your design?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for your help. I create a new design an figure it out what was my problem. It's a group by problem.
mwilliams
Great! Sometimes a fresh start is all it takes to run into the issue!
Glad you found it! Let us know whenever you have questions!