Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bubble chart color serie
fabulon12
Hi again,
Here is another kind of question about charts : bubble chart.
I am building a bubble chart and I wish to assign a color according to a value of my dataset which is not in the chart.
I suppose that I have to use code in order to realize it (Cf. attachment : screenshot)
On the screenshot the result that I wish : assign a special color to the area.
Any idea ?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could assign the value to a global variable named after the category field value for the chart. Then, you can recall the value in script by calling the global variable using the base axis value.
Hope this helps.
fabulon12
I've already tried to do it by script, but I'm quite new on BIRT and I don't know the objects (methods and attributes) that I can use and when I can access to certain instances.
Where can I declare a global variable ? When can I access to a row of a special dataset ?
Can you advice me documentation about the framework in order to increase my skills on BIRT script ?
Thank you.
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll make you a simple example.
You can find BIRT help in the designer, by going to Help, then either choosing Dynamic Help or Help Contents.
You can see a JavaDoc here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?nav=/9_0_0
You could also always download the source for your version. There is lots of help available there, too.
fabulon12
Thank you for the links.<br />
<br />
My BIRT version is 3.7.2, I was working with the RCP untill now, but I've just downloaded de full one today.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99312" data-time="1334846514" data-date="19 April 2012 - 07:41 AM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? I'll make you a simple example.<br />
<br />
You can find BIRT help in the designer, by going to Help, then either choosing Dynamic Help or Help Contents.<br />
<br />
You can see a JavaDoc here:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?nav=/9_0_0'>http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?nav=/9_0_0</a><br
/>
<br />
You could also always download the source for your version. There is lots of help available there, too.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Take a look at the onFetch script of the dataSet and the chart script in this report. If you don't know where to find those, go to the Outline view, scroll to the very bottom, and expand the scripts section. You'll see those two listed there. Let me know if you have questions.
fabulon12
Hi !
First of all, thanks a lot for your very explicit example !
It's very clear and that's exactly what I was waiting for.
I will further on scripting, because I am building report quite complicated I and will need scripts to realize what I wish.
See ya soon !
Fab.
mwilliams
You're welcome! Just let us know when you have questions!