Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What BIRT components should I use for this App?
spamwerk
I'm planning to use BIRT for an application, but since I'm new to BIRT I'd like to know if it can provide the functionality I need.<br />
<br />
<br />
I have a folder full of log files, which can be imported as flat files. The basic idea of the application is to present the data in these logs in a graph. However, I'd like to make the application more interactive. I know that reports can be customized using report parameters. The user is then prompted before the report is generated, but once it is generated there is no option to change these parameters. <br />
<br />
There are 2 things I'd like to do:<br />
<strong class='bbc'>1. More interactivity</strong><br />
Should I make a custom application with UI elements that allow the report parameters to be changed, and should that application then use the design engine? <br />
And what if I would like to dynamically add or omit series from a chart (preferably from different datasets)<br />
<strong class='bbc'>2. Dynamic creation of datasets</strong><br />
Imagine the logfiles contain data per minte for one day, but I'd like to make a graph that aggregates the data for one day for each datapoint, and then show the graph for, say, a whole month.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Yes, BIRT can do all of that. I would recommend picking up BIRT 2.6 Data Analysis and Reporting to learn the BIRT report development environment, and Integrating and Extending BIRT for the integration portion.
spamwerk
Ok, thanks!