Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
One to many, old style
davidsills
I have a client who requires me to use Java 1.4.2 (antediluvian). To use BIRT in this environment, I'm forced to use BIRT 2.1.3. However, this causes a problem.
My report (originally developed on a much later version of BIRT) is based on scripting data sets, each interlinked (so that the getXXXList() method from the outer scripting object is held in a column in the master data set and then sent in as a parameter to the XXXDS (sort of nested) data set).
The problem is that while BIRT has now a "javaObject" type to store this list to when I extract it as a column in the scripting data set, unfortunately the earlier version of BIRT does not have this data type (it doesn't even have a Boolean data type, which surprised me).
Can anyone point me to a reference that would let me know how one is supposed to handle this kind of problem in the old days before the "javaObject" type? Is it simply impossible? I know I'm constrained past the point of bearing it, but I don't really want to have to switch to another report writer....
Thanks in advance for any ideas!
David Sills
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you store the object in a persistentGlobalVariable or in a GlobalVariable and then just access the object with this variable, in your sub tables?