Hi
I want to enable the interactivity feature of the charts so that when the user moves the mouse over the chart, it value gets displayed. As per the documentation this should be very straight forward but for some strange reason i have not been able to make it work the way it should.
Here is what i did to enable this:
- Open chart edit window
- Select 'Format Chart' tab
- From the tree select "Value (Y) Serier"
- Click Interactivity
- Choose "Show Tooltip" for Mouse Over.
After these steps the interactivity is enable but the problem is that the context area for mouse over is not overlapping with the actual chart. In the attached image the blue box shows the area where i get the mouse over functionality. I am not sure why it does not overlap with the actual bar for REG.
I downloaded the example shared by Jason at the following location:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1116-mouse-over-details-for-a-chart/
It works fine in my dev environment but when i try to do the same by creating a report from the scratch it fails. Any ideas what am i doing wrong?
Thanks
yrraja
BIRT 3.7.2
Mac OS X Lion