Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Login Problems (Exception)
Ramkumar
Hi
Following is the exception i get when i try to log into TS from non supporting workstations(all worstations are within the same netwrok and domain)
OpenAPIAuthenticator.authenticate(SimpleIdentity[ username=digitech domainname=GECISV_INTERWOV rolename=admin])
com.interwoven.framework.auth.InvalidAuthenticationException: no session cookie found
at com.interwoven.teamsite.auth.Ticket.newOpenApi(Ticket.java:181)
at com.interwoven.teamsite.auth.Ticket.<init>(Ticket.java:47)
at com.interwoven.teamsite.auth.TicketAuthenticator.find(TicketAuthenticator.java:155)
at com.interwoven.framework.auth.AuthServlet.service(AuthServlet.java:91)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:423)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
I then checked the browser settings all kind of cookies are accepted.
Further to my points i found out that on PCs where TS is working fine TS Server writes a cookie "iw" in cookie files list whereas on PCs which are not working i can't find that "iw" cookie.It clearly looks like a cookie issue but the browser settings are identical to my knowledge.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There is either some difference in the browser settings or some difference on the machine that might prohibit the creation / saving of cookies in the desired location on those machines.
Make sure that all paths are correctly set and that there isn't some path that exists on one machine but doesn't exist on the other.
I think this is the kind of thing that will be much easier to debug on-site sitting in front of the machiens, than it will for any of us to try to do it remotely - sorry.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
13adam13
I agree with Fish, but I am going to step out on a limb here anyway. I noticed that the error actually says that no session cookie found. Typically when delaing with a Java application, there are two types of cookies that can be placed on a computer. One is the type that you might find in the list of temporary internet files (like the 'iw' cookie mentioned here).
The other type is the 'session cookie'. I think these cookies only reside in the cache of the browser, and are not written to the same folder.
This doesn't give you an answer to your problem, but perhaps it will help you solve the problem. I have had problems with session cookies when a computer has a session cookie from a server time out, and then the same computer returns to the same server to deal with a different Java App. Closing the browser has always solved the problem, though.