Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can i get the group data in the same row where deatil data is starting
ashish13
Hi,
I am generating report through BIRT and grouping the data based on some column. The group data is coming in teh separate row. I want the group data to be come in the first detail row. Is it possible using BIRT open source.
Thanks in advance,
Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You should be able to select the cell that the group element is in, in your table and set the "drop" property to "detail".
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99412" data-time="1334861968" data-date="19 April 2012 - 11:59 AM"><p>
You should be able to select the cell that the group element is in, in your table and set the "drop" property to "detail".<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
I am setting the drop property as detail only, but getting the group cell in separate row.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Ashish
ashish13
Hi,
I am adding sort criteria thru design API, but while generating report, it coming coming in sorted order.
void addSortKey(TableHandle th){
try{
SortKey sk = structFactory.createSortKey();
//sk.setKey("row[\"CustomerName\"]");
sk.setDirection(DesignChoiceConstants.SORT_DIRECTION_ASC);
sk.setKey("row[\"ID\"]");
PropertyHandle ph = th.getPropertyHandle(TableHandle.SORT_PROP);
ph.addItem(sk);
}catch (Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
Let me know, if i am doing anything wrong.
Regards,
Ashish
mwilliams
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ashish13'" data-cid="99466" data-time="1334928850" data-date="20 April 2012 - 06:34 AM"><p>
<br />
I am setting the drop property as detail only, but getting the group cell in separate row.<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Is your output XLS? If so, it appears that it doesn't work as you'd expect in XLS. Please log a bug for this. As for a workaround, you could move the group value down to the detail row and use the suppress duplicates option, instead.
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99482" data-time="1334939466" data-date="20 April 2012 - 09:31 AM"><p>
Is your output XLS? If so, it appears that it doesn't work as you'd expect in XLS. Please log a bug for this. As for a workaround, you could move the group value down to the detail row and use the suppress duplicates option, instead.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
My output is XLS. Even if i use the suppress duplicates, how it will work because the sort option is not working, if i am designing the report thru API. Please suggest<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Ashish
mwilliams
The suppress duplicates was to get your group value to be down in the detail row. I hadn't responded regarding the sort, yet.
For the sort, what are you trying to sort on? The group value? Or within the group on another field?
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99543" data-time="1335195753" data-date="23 April 2012 - 08:42 AM"><p>
The suppress duplicates was to get your group value to be down in the detail row. I hadn't responded regarding the sort, yet.<br />
<br />
For the sort, what are you trying to sort on? The group value? Or within the group on another field?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
The sort is working as expected. It was some cache issue, due to which, i was getting problem the other day.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Ashish
mwilliams
Great! Glad it's working, now!
ANNKRUSE
I am running vesion 2.6.1v2. Cannot change versions. I have a grouping report and need to only show the grouped item 1 time per group. This seems like it should be simple. I do not see where to use this drop comand. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99412" data-time="1334861968" data-date="19 April 2012 - 11:59 AM"><p>
You should be able to select the cell that the group element is in, in your table and set the "drop" property to "detail".<br /></p></blockquote>
ashish13
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ANNKRUSE'" data-cid="99637" data-time="1335364132" data-date="25 April 2012 - 07:28 AM"><p>
I am running vesion 2.6.1v2. Cannot change versions. I have a grouping report and need to only show the grouped item 1 time per group. This seems like it should be simple. I do not see where to use this drop comand. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
You can use below code to get the group item 1 item:<br />
<br />
headerCell = (CellHandle) groupHeader.getCells( ).get( i );<br />
headerCell.setDrop( DesignChoiceConstants.DROP_TYPE_DETAIL ); <br />
<br />
I am not sure whether the same is available in 2.6 version. I am using 3.7.2 version.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Ashish
Hans_vd
If you are looking for the drop property in the Report Design editor, take look at this article:
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/birt-drop-group-header-property-and-table-border-lines/
It has a subtitle "Find the drop property"
ANNKRUSE
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="99685" data-time="1335442442" data-date="26 April 2012 - 05:14 AM"><p>
If you are looking for the drop property in the Report Design editor, take look at this article: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/birt-drop-group-header-property-and-table-border-lines/'>http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/birt-drop-group-header-property-and-table-border-lines/</a><br
/>
<br />
It has a subtitle "Find the drop property"<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Great information. I do appreciate it. I do not think this is available in the "antique" version I am using. 2.6 seems to be a bit combersome compared to later versions.