Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Y axis in CHart
sirim
Hello,
The Y axis and values of the bar in the chart do not match. The chart shows 3 bars and the values are completly different.
The Y axis Values are 0,2,4,6.... Now the value of the bar may exceed 20 but still the largest value on the y axis is 12. Can it be changed so that the user can understand the value of the bar just by looking at the y axis(I mean can the y axis value match the bar value.)
Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It should automatically expand to fit the axis values, unless you've set a min and/or max value for the axis. In this case, the bars that didn't fit in the scale wouldn't be shown. Can you reproduce your issue with the sample database? Or at least attach your report?
sirim
I have attached my report.
I have another question regarding this report...I am trying to pass the project parameter to the sub report, however it is a string value and need to pass multi select values. WHenever I try to dot this throught the drill down it does not work and gives an error. It seems like it is an issue with BIRT, could you please suggest me a solution for it.
Thank you
mwilliams
Can you take a screenshot of the output? I don't see a reason why your chart would not scale correctly. It would be best if you could create a sample report that also scaled incorrectly.
For the parameter, if you select to allow multiple values, the parameter object is an array of strings. If you need to pass it through to another report, you should run a join(",") on the parameter value to make it a comma separated string. Then, it should pass just fine.
sirim
Thank you Michael!!
I am now able to figure out both the issue. The join("''") worked for the drill down.
For the Y axis in charts I was assigning a value to the Standard --- Suffix. That was the reason it was behaving weird.
I have a different question for you. When getting drill down from the charts is there a way to get the details of a single bar instead of all the bars in the chart. For example-- In the same report(attached) I have like 3 bar charts and the interval for x axis is by month.Suppose for some value passed by the parameters the chart gives 4 green bars for four months(Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr). Now if I click on any of the green bars it gives the sub report but with the data for all four months. Is there a way that if I click on the green bar for Jan month the sub report give the details for just Jan Month and similarly the green bar for Feb month gives details for Feb month.
Thank you.
mwilliams
Are you adding the interactivity for the "chart area" or for an individual series?
sirim
I am adding interactivity for indiviual series. And would different results for each of the bar for same series. The drill down should be taking the month in from the X- ais of the chart.
mwilliams
So, what you've done is in the report you attached above? If not, can you attach the report that shows what you've done with this?
sirim
I got the solution for my question Michael.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Regards
mwilliams
You're very welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!