Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
length of String parameter
sall
Hi.
I have a information object model that have String parameter. When I open this IOB by BIRT Report Studio I entered String parameter. If length of parameter less than 50 all is very good. But when length of parameter more than 50 I am receiving exception: SQLState = 22001 Native Error = 0 Error Message = [ActuateDD][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation.
How I can increase length of String parameter?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
This message is not BIRT but database related
Do you use the parameter in a DB query? What's the type of the corresponding database field? Seems to be the case that the field only allows up to 50 characters.
sall
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
Do you use the parameter in a DB query?<br /></p></blockquote>
Yes. And I use MSSQL Server 2008<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
What's the type of the corresponding database field?<br /></p></blockquote>
The field has Varchar(250) type.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
Seems to be the case that the field only allows up to 50 characters.<br /></p></blockquote>
When I execute query by SQL Server Managment Studio I use more than 50 characters in query of the corresponding database field