Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can existing Report Items be extended
lepakm
I have an interest in extending the functionality of some of the existing report items (like data item). I have seen and understand the examples that describe creating a plugin to create completely new report items but I can't figure out how to extend the existing report items. Any help and guidance is appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Download the source at
http://www.eclipse.org/birt
. The plugins for all the report items are there.
lepakm
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="99425" data-time="1334876273" data-date="19 April 2012 - 03:57 PM"><p>
Download the source at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt.'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt.</a>
; The plugins for all the report items are there.<br /></p></blockquote>
I got that far before I posted. I followed a straightforward example of creating a rotated label plugin. That sample was self contained in one jar file. However, what I find in the plugin jars from the BIRT deployment do not follow the simple example I found. Everything looks combined together. Is there an example somewhere that extends an existing report item? Or can some one provide a few hints?
CBR
What do you want to do exactly? The internal elements do not use the extension points to be used to add custom elements to the palette.
It is possible to enhance existing elements by adding a new one anyways. Are you talking about Charts or Crosstab?