Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hide HTML button
jmccarthy
I'm trying to remove a HTML button from a report by setting the "Hide element" under Visibility to true if a check box is selected.
However it's never removed! I've used the same parameter to set the visibility of a text field, grid, and image and all are correcly removed if the check box is selected.
Is there a separate way of setting the visibility of a HTML button, either in the designer or using javascript, or can it be removed at all?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jmccarthy
never mind, got it with a workaround
I've added a grid with one row and column, and put the HTML button inside it, and removed the grid based on the parameter.
Terrible hacky solution, but it does work
icirillo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jmccarthy'" data-cid="99641" data-time="1335368023" data-date="25 April 2012 - 08:33 AM"><p>
I'm trying to remove a HTML button from a report by setting the "Hide element" under Visibility to true if a check box is selected. <br />
However it's never removed! I've used the same parameter to set the visibility of a text field, grid, and image and all are correcly removed if the check box is selected.<br />
<br />
Is there a separate way of setting the visibility of a HTML button, either in the designer or using javascript, <strong class='bbc'>or can it be removed at all</strong>?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
You can remove it at all in button properties/General. Set the display property to "No Display"
DavidBirt
Hi jmccarthy
Which version of Birt do you use? and do you make sure this report file had been desployed to server? You can choose "Navigator" viewer in Eclipse and refresh your report file.