Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
group by in report
birtguru
i want to use group by in report.please help .
thanks...i want to calculate sum of salary col. based on department name..
please give some example..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kabilan_n
Hi Member,
For the best start of Birt, learn the attached PDF. Your question is answered in this.
Hope this will help you.
--kabil
birtguru
thanks for the book....
thanks alot
mwilliams
hi birtguru,
What you'll need to do is group your table on your department field. You can do this by selecting your table and going to the group tab in the property editor and adding a group on the department field. From there, you can drag an aggregation into your group footer that is created when you create your group. Choose the SUM function and your column that you want to sum as the expression. Finally, choose your group as what to aggregate over, rather than the entire table. This should give you the sum of your column for each group. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need an example of doing this.
birtguru
thanks.I got it...
but now I am facing tow major problems I hope you will sort them out..
1.my problem is that I want two different footer(grid) for my two page report.but my problem is that I have a table on first
page which have a page break means it content are on first page and it continues on second page too.then how can I change footer(grid) on second page.
please help me
if( pageNumber > 1 ){
this.getStyle().display = "none";
}
this does not work as it takes space on second page..
I am using pdf as out put.
please give some example too.
basically I am designing Bill reports.
you can take any of you electricity bill or other bills there is a pay slip at the end.when you will pay your amount that particular part of the report will be teared.and my table is dynamic.
is there any way of doing this?
2.
i am using xml as data source.In my xml i have multiple employee tags like
<report>
<employee>
<info1>
<address>
<state>abc</state>
<country>xyz</country>
</address>
<department>dfg</department>
</info1>
<info2>
<address>
<state>abc</state>
<country>xyz</country>
</address>
<address1>
<state>abc</state>
<country>xyz</country>
</address1>
<department>dfg</department>
</info2>
</employee>
<employee>
<info1>
<address>
<state>yui</state>
<country>qwe</country>
</address>
<department>khj</department>
</info1>
</employee>
</report>
like this i have multiple employee tags.i want to create pdf for each employee tag....
but an employee can have multiple info tags and within that info tag can have multiple addresses,even within that address can have multiple phone no...
then how can it be fittted in a single row?
please provide example too...
mwilliams
Can you make a simple example using a sample XML data file that shows the issue you're having and attach the report and sample XML in here, in a zip file? This way I can see the issue and see what all you're doing. Thanks!