Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Show Parameters window by default?
lexthang
I have a report with some parameters. When executing, the users have to pick the parameters first before continuing on to see the report. But what if the users want to tweak the params a bit before executing it again? I don't want to have to go all the way back to the beginning.
In the Interactive Viewer, there's a menu from the top left ("Parameters") that users can select to show the the parameters in the bottom window. Then users can change the parameters there, click "Run Report" again, and have the report updated.
The problem is this bottom parameter window is always hidden, and users many not know the feature is there. Is there a way to make it always visible there by default?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi lexthang,
Search for ShowParameterPanel in {Install Dir}\iServer\servletcontainer\iportal\WEB-INF\iv_config.xml and set it to true. This will make the parameter panel visible by default for all the reports, you will need to restart the server for the changes to take effect.
lexthang
Thanks. I did find the file, even though I only have the AJC (Actuate Java Component) and not iServer. For those who are unfamiliar the AJC is just a web app that I unzipped and dropped under Tomcat. I edited the entry in the xml file, restart the Tomcat server, but somehow the entry is overwritten when the server starts, and it becomes false again(?) I'm not sure why.
Does anyone know? Is it because I don't have iServer? Why doesn't the web app read from the file instead of overwriting it when Tomcat starts?
(By the way I already removed the .war file, so this was not the case of Tomcat unpacking the war file to overwrite everything again...)
averma
What version of AJC are you working with?
lexthang
Actuate 11 sp3
averma
Can you file a bug with Actuate Support if you can recreate this issue.