Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Browser support for BIRT Viewer?
EricB
Can someone point me to a list of browsers/versions that the BIRT Viewer supports? Or any known browsers/versions that the BIRT Viewer does not support?
Thanks,
Eric
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't know that there's an official list out there anywhere, but I believe it works in all the major browsers, without much issue. Is there a particular issue you're having? Or is this just a general question?
EricB
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="99992" data-time="1336151122" data-date="04 May 2012 - 10:05 AM"><p>
I don't know that there's an official list out there anywhere, but I believe it works in all the major browsers, without much issue. Is there a particular issue you're having? Or is this just a general question?<br /></p></blockquote>
Good question. I was talking to someone who said something like, "the BIRT Viewer doesn't suppport Firefox 10 and the BIRT community has no immediately plans to add that support". I was surprised by that since I was also under the impression that "it works in all the major browsers". That's what prompted my post.<br />
<br />
Anyway... if you say there are no known limitations around Firefox 10, then I'll drill down and try to get specifics. <br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Eric
mwilliams
I have had Firefox through many versions and have not had an issue besides HTML script tags not working. There is a fix available for that, though. I currently have FF 11 and still no issue with BIRT and the viewer, so I'm not sure what the issue is that wasn't supported with 10. That being said, FF went through a lot of versions in a short amount of time, it seemed, so maybe I just never noticed with 10, but I doubt that that's the case. Do you have a machine with FF10 on it that you could try it on?
EricB
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="100009" data-time="1336161007" data-date="04 May 2012 - 12:50 PM"><p>
I have had Firefox through many versions and have not had an issue besides HTML script tags not working. There is a fix available for that, though. I currently have FF 11 and still no issue with BIRT and the viewer, so I'm not sure what the issue is that wasn't supported with 10. That being said, FF went through a lot of versions in a short amount of time, it seemed, so maybe I just never noticed with 10, but I doubt that that's the case. Do you have a machine with FF10 on it that you could try it on?<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks mwilliams for confirming there's no known issues with FF10. I do have FF10 installed. If I find any unexpected behavior, I'll let the you (and the forum) know. <br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Eric
EricB
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'EricB'" data-cid="99859" data-time="1335909080" data-date="01 May 2012 - 02:51 PM"><p>
Can someone point me to a list of browsers/versions that the BIRT Viewer supports? Or any known browsers/versions that the BIRT Viewer does not support?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Eric<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I just heard back from a colleague on this topic. Her response was: You can usually find the browser support for the BIRT Version in their project plans. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/birt/project/plan/birt_project_plan_3_7_1.xml'>http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/birt/project/plan/birt_project_plan_3_7_1.xml</a><br
/>
<br />
This is exactly what I was looking for. In the 3.7.1 release, for example, it states:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>BIRT Browsers and Viewers Reference Platforms
Mozilla Firefox 3.0, 4.0, 5.0
Safari 4, 5
Google Chrome 13
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
Microsoft Office 2007, 2010</pre>
mwilliams
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing it there, but it's been a while since I looked at the project plan, so I forgot about that listing!
Sorry about that! While that only lists up to 5.0, for Firefox, I've had every version of FF since then and have seen no issues with it working. Let me know if you do hear of any or see any issues, though!
EricB
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="100046" data-time="1336410063" data-date="07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM"><p>
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing it there, but it's been a while since I looked at the project plan, so I forgot about that listing!
Sorry about that! While that only lists up to 5.0, for Firefox, I've had every version of FF since then and have seen no issues with it working. Let me know if you do hear of any or see any issues, though!
<br /></p></blockquote>
No worries... I'll definitely let you know if I see/hear anything specific.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Eric
vipuldass
Hi ALL,
Can any one give the list of browsers to support "BIRT"..IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome....
REGDS,
Bala
vipuldass
Can any one give the answer below question?
Takes 1 day or less to modify and edit 10 metrics in "BIRT"
Thanks,
Balanagi reddy
mwilliams
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'vipuldass'" data-cid="107782" data-time="1343887916" data-date="01 August 2012 - 11:11 PM"><p>
Hi ALL,<br />
<br />
Can any one give the list of browsers to support "BIRT"..IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome....<br />
<br />
REGDS,<br />
Bala<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
In post #6 of this thread, you'll see the complete list, as of the BIRT 3.7.1 project plan. The 3.7.2 and 4.2.0 plans don't show this information.